In the month of March in the year 1513 the Spanish explorer Ponce de León discovered Florida while searching for the Fountain of Youth.
While he never found what he was looking for, over 500 years ago he triggered a land rush in Florida that is still going strong, especially in Orlando.
Located in Central Florida, Orlando is home to over 2.4 million people and was recently ranked by the Pew Research Center as one of the top four places where people want to live.
Live, Work, Play & Stay
Each year over 68 million people visit the City of Orlando – that’s almost 190,000 people each and every day.
Here are the top reasons why Orlando is so popular:
- Weather – The weather in Orlando is near-perfect 365 days of the year. Wintertime lows are about 50F, summertime highs about 90F
- Golf – With nearly 100 golf courses in the area, Orlando is also home to the Arnold Palmer Invitational at the Bay Hill Club & Lodge
- Shopping – From boutique shopping along the brick-lined streets of neighboring Winter Park to the upscale contemporary Mall at Millenia, to the nearly two million square foot Florida Mall
- Tourism – Visit Walt Disney World, the birthplace of Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, the Universal Orlando Resort, and Universal Studios Florida
- Education – Some of the best universities in the U.S. including the University of Central Florida, Florida A&M University College of Law, and Florida State University College of Medicine are located in Orlando
- Growth – Orlando is one of the fastest growing regions in the U.S., with an unemployment rate of just 3.2%
- Economy – High technology, healthcare, and film, TV, and entertainment are a few of the diverse business sectors in Orlando
- Real Estate – Prices are great, sales volume keep increasing, and inventory is on the rise
- Business Friendly – Florida has no state income tax and is a migration magnet, attracting people from all parts of the world